Cherry Grove Friends Church is a Christ-centered Friends (or Quaker) church. We belong to a group called the Northwest Yearly Meeting which is a collection of other similar Friends churches in the Pacific Northwest.
As summarized by the Northwest Yearly Meeting of Friends, we hold the following values:
- Jesus Christ is present. He is actively and immediately accessible to all who believe in Him.
- Scripture calls us to account and helps us know God’s will. The Bible, as interpreted by the Holy Spirit, gives us spiritual guidance for our daily lives.
- God is the source of life, and all human life is sacred. We treat others with respect and dignity, regardless of human measures of merit or value, because all life has its origin in the creative work of God.
- The Holy Spirit transforms and empowers us. As we yield our lives to God and become immersed in the life of the Spirit, the Holy Spirit enlightens our paths and transforms our lives.
- We are called to be and to make followers of Christ. We listen to Christ, living our lives with integrity and righteousness, and work to bring others into a relationship with Him.
- We are called to live out Christ’s love. We strive to display the fullest measure of God’s love to those around us.
- We are called to be agents of God’s peace and love to everyone. We are called to work for justice and to be agents of the same healing and love we have received from God.
As Friends, we also emphasize:
- an inward encounter with God
- relationship-based worship, not ritual-based worship
- an individual responsibility for ministry and service
For more details, please read about our Faith and Practice.